- Reviews the current theories of health psychology and the science that underlie them.
- Explores today’s most common health problems as well as the lifestyle factors that influence their development, including exercise, nutrition, and stress management.
- Demonstrates the application of psychology to clinical practice to achieve better outcomes.
- Health Psychology Case Studies illustrate real-world problems related to each chapter.
- Health Psychology @ Work profiles allied health professionals and how they use health psychology in their careers…from motivational interviewing to building psychosocial capacity for survivors of disasters.
- Integrative Medicine discusses alternative or complementary medicine options.
- Health Psychology on Campus highlights the relevance of health psychology for college students, including the effect of sleep deprivation on learning and memory, and techniques for stress and coping.
- What’s the Evidence? emphasizes the importance of evidence-based practice and how to use evidence to improve outcomes.